Air Miles Big Break Detour Contest Looking For EntriesWednesday, May 11th, 2016
Air Miles and Live Nation have teamed up to create the Big Break Detour Contest, which is open to all Canadian musicians. Contest organizers are looking for Canadian musicians of any genres or age post a video of themselves performing an original song set in an unusual location (garden, laundromat, subway wherever). The deadline for submitting videos is May 25, 2016.
The grand prize, valued at $3,700, includes:
– The opportunity for the winning entrant and his/her bandmates to perform at the Air Miles Detour event. The destination and venue for the Detour event will be determined by Aug. 1, 2016 and announced on airmiles.ca/detour.
– Return economy airfare or ground travel based on winning entrant’s city of residence and accommodations for two nights (based on double occupancy) near the Detour event for the entrant and his/her bandmates, which will be arranged through the Contest Sponsor’s Corporate Travel team.
– Ten tickets (in the first five rows) to the Detour concert for the artist/band’s guests. Travel and accommodations are not included with these tickets.
– 1,000 Air Miles Reward Miles to be awarded to the entrant.
– CAD $500 in spending money to be awarded to the entrant.
In June, a panel of music industry people will pick one artist to open for the big Detour concert later this year.
Air Miles wants to bring a big concert featuring music star Meghan Trainor to a small Canadian town. Five Canadian towns were nominated in consultation with music industry experts. Those five towns are: Nelson, BC; Moose Jaw, SK; Mulmur, ON; Morin Heights, QC; and Port Hawksbury, NS.