Showcase PEI 2015 Call for SubmissionsThursday, May 28th, 2015
Buyers are now being recruited from festivals, venues, conferences, agents, and promoters from across Canada, USA, and the U.K. As in the past, each artist will have a 20 minute showcase set. Music PEI will provide full backline and professional sound presentation.
Submissions are open in the following categories:
Export Ready – Artist is eligible as an export ready artist/group if they meet all of the following criteria:
– Have a current marketing and business plan.
– Minimum sales of 500 units of recording.
– Independent or established team/infrastructure (i.e.- management, agent, publicist, publishing, label).
– One recording commercially released (minimum six song EP) since January 2012. Commercial release is defined as professionally recorded and professionally manufactured CD complete with barcode for sale online and/or at retail outlets. If the artist’s last recording is older than this date but they have a new release coming, please describe all details of the project and expected release date.
– Upcoming bookings or a contract for a current musical production. (i.e. live performance; stage production, song-writing collaboration, composition/sound track interest from film/TV etc.)
– Strong professional history and industry recognition (awards, nominations, reviews).
Exporting – You are eligible as an exporting artist/group if you meet 5 of the 8 criteria.
– Minimum two nationally distributed releases. One of these recordings must have been released within the last 36 months.
One internationally distributed recording.
Minimum 1,500 total unit sales of all recorded music products. You may be asked to provide proof.
– Airplay, National charting on published charts, video play.
– Marketing and business plan.
– Management/Self-management team with proven history.
– History of commitment to touring nationally and/or internationally.
– Industry Recognition (nominations, awards, etc.)
Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 12, 2015 at midnight. It is an online application process. It is short but important to note that the form cannot be saved. It will not time out but if your computer freezes or crashes work will not be saved. Music PEI recommend that artists review the form prior to starting and build their application in Word (or similar). They may then copy and paste their answers.
Artists will be asked on the submission form to provide up to five delegates who they would like to see brought to Showcase PEI. A complete delegate list will be available prior to the conference for participating artists. One On One Business meetings between delegates and artists/managers will be arranged prior to the conference.
As with other Music PEI programs, artists must be a PEI resident to be eligible. The primary artist and/or the majority of the group must have a permanent address in Prince Edward Island or the primary artist or registered company pays income tax to the Province of Prince Edward Island.
Also, artists must have a current Music PEI membership to apply. The application will not be considered if their membership is not up to date. The artist/band must also have an updated Music PEI profile listing. Artists can check their listing here: www.musicpei.com/lounge.
For any additional info, conatact Music PEI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the online application, go here: https://podio.com/webforms/12444586/851406